Attitude is a decision you make every day. It’s how you dress for the day. Because you’re never fully dressed without a smile.
Attitude sets the stage for your day. A smile. A frown. It’s all about how you dress yourself. And your attitude plays a huge role in a productive day.
The attitude that comes from the right side of the bed bringing you joy and happiness even amongst the messes. Or the attitude when you get up on the wrong side of the bed; lots of crabby and cranky!
Well I think we can all say that the tendency is to get up and just let the day happen. Most of us don’t get up with our attitude in mind.
It all depends on the spouse, the children, the to-do list, the puppy dog, and how smooth it goes in the kitchen. Any spilt milk?
Understand that attitude is related to how your day goes; where you choose to focus your mind. It’s your state of mind. Your emotions are then drawn from the stimuli of your environment releasing the chemical reactions (the feel good or feel bad hormones).
When you choose joy and more purpose-driven emotions, your mindset is grounded with positivity. You get the feel good, dopamine release.
Otherwise, you are tangled in a web of negativity, which drags you down at every turn regardless of the environment.
Who wants to be strangled in a day with bad moods and fussy hearts?
So if you’re never fully dressed without a smile, what do you do to pursue an attitude that compliments a well-dressed mindset?
The K.I.S.S. ~ Clothe yourself with the armor of God!
Don’t let others clothe you.
Clothe yourself with the armor of God. (Ephesians 6:10-18)
- Belt of truth (Truth is not your circumstances, it’s where God meets you. It’s in the real, not the interpretation.)
- Breastplate of righteousness (God’s got your heart! Most are fearful of letting people see the authentic self. Be your best selfie. God’s got you!)
- Feet fit with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace (Knowing where to step when the going gets tough. One step at a time leads to mile of greatness.)
- Shield of faith (You CHOOSE to take up the shield of faith to move forward and ward off your struggles — insecurities, financial hardships, illness, relationship battles. This is your protection for the fights of your life.)
- Helmet of salvation (This is a gift for you to take. It’s freedom from the negativity which opens up towards the positive. It’s a changed mindset. You are free! No longer are you bound to what the world has against you.)
- Sword of the Spirit (It’s the Word of God. Be in the Word to fight the daily grind. Write it on your heart.)
- Pray in the Spirit (Communicate with God. Be consistent with your prayers. Make your requests known to God. He wants to hear from you.)
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. ~ Ephesians 6:10-18
You’re never fully dressed without a smile!
“What smile will you wear today? A smile that stands for whom you belong to, or one that fights an endless battle alone.”
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation – This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.
Live. Love. IMPACT!
“One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!”
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don’t know what you need)? It’s time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life’s purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Music by Mandisa – Overcomer
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Michael Dam on Unsplash