With the biggest game of the year, your nutrition is even bigger. It’s time for your super bowl nutrition. Ready. Set. Hike!
Regardless if your team made it to the Super Bowl or not, your health must take priority even during the celebrations! Oh yes! You can have your cake and eat it too.
Desire to be supported and encourage by other like-minded women? Join us at Women of IMPACT. http://facebook.com/groups/thewomenofimpact
Before we get into the details of how, let’s discussed some FOOD SHOCKERS that hopefully will open your eyes to how your decisions impact your health.
- CHICKEN WINGS – Per the National Chicken Council, Americans will consume 1.25 billion chicken wings.
- You can reduce the “bad” effect by baking the chicken wings and eating in. Simply preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Place the wings on a foil-lined broiler pan and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle on pink himalayan salt. Cook for 50-55 minutes until golden in color. Sauce with your favorite sauce. Place the wings back on the broiler pan and cook for 5-7 minutes to heat the sauce. Be careful, the more sugar in the sauce, the easier it is to burn the sauce. Finally, sauce the wings for the second time and serve. Healthy and yummy!!
- PIZZA – 1 out of 7 Americans will order takeout. Of those, 60% will order pizza. All I can say is OMGoodness!!
- CHIPS – 11 million pounds of chips will be eaten on game day. 4 million pounds of pretzels and 2.5 million pounds of nuts. Now that’s nuts!!
- BEER – Americans will drink 50 million cases of beer this weekend. Please drink responsible.
- SODA – Americans will spend $2.37 million on soda.
What is earth-shattering is that the sale of ANTACIDS will increase 20% following game day. And 6% will call in sick.
You do not want your health to be a roller coaster like this. Super Bowl nutrition can be enjoyed and not derail all of your goals.
So how do you break the snacks gone wild and embrace the Super Bowl nutrition?
The K.I.S.S. ~ Do the P.A.R.T.Y. Shuffle!
- PLAN to move. Get in your intentional movement early.
- ACCELERATE the H2O. Stay hydrated with water. Bring your own water bottle to make it easy too.
- REDUCE the graze effect. Keep the food away from the television. This will reduce unnecessary stuffing of the face. A bonus for all.
- TARGET the goal. And that goal is YOU! What do you need to stay on track? Bring some healthy alternatives portioned for you or enough to share with all.
- YIELD to minis. Eat mini-meals containing protein and vegetables every time you get a plate of food.
The P.A.R.T.Y. Shuffle is great for all celebrations. Don’t fall into the trap of food gone wild. Ready. Set. Hike!
“One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!”
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don’t know what you need)? It’s time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life’s purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Music by Mandisa – Overcomer
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson