What is shaping your child? Take a look in the mirror. How is your child seeing him/herself?
Mamas ~ we are encouraging our children to lean into these stereotypes, instead of leaning into who they are and their talents.
We bleed stereotypes onto our children, our families.
Desire to be supported and encourage by other like-minded women? Join us at Women of IMPACT. http://bit.ly/WomenofIMPACT
Psalm 139:13-14 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in mu mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful , I know that full well.
What stereotypes can you relate to?
- You’re all addicted to social media.
- You have no idea what REAL music is.
- When I was your age, we had to work hard. All teens are lazy today.
- If you are a little girl, you should be in dance and cheer.
- Blondes have more fun.
- Selfie is it!
- You kids are always up to no good.
- Jocks are cool.
- Kids only care about themselves.
- Kids can’t write or spell. LOL (laugh out loud), ROTFL (rolling on the floor laughing), TMI (too much information), JK (just kidding), TBH (to be honest), SMH (shake my head), TY (thank you).
- Kids are dressing inappropriately.
What is shaping your child?
The K.I.S.S. ~ Celebrate YOUR child!
- Lift them up with encouraging words and actions.
- Let them explore who they are. Don’t push them in a corner.
- Remind them that they are fearfully and wonderfully made.