Life can entangle your focus to the point of burying what matters alive. Make your mental well-being a priority every day so you can deal with life in every way.
May is mental health awareness month. So it’s a good time to reflect on what we are doing well in our mental health, and what needs our attention.
One thing I want to touch on first is that if you at all are considering injury of any form or fashion to yourself, please seek help.
National Suicide Hotline at 800-273-8255
If you are in need of counseling, there are many therapists available to assist you.
And if you are one who is feeling good about where you are in life, be sure to keep your eyes and ears always open for those who might be hurting and need to be seen and heard.
The K.I.S.S. ~ Make your mental well-being a priority!
Life can really get in the way. Juggling everything from kids to spouse to dinner to bills to work, complicates your mind and emotions.
So it’s important for you (and I) to keep tabs on how we are feeling and responding to life. And we can do that in many different ways.
- Nurture your relationships. Here is where you want to meet up with your family and friends on a regular basis so you can be who you are. No masquerade ball. Only authenticity. You get to be YOU!!
- Make time to exercise. The more you intentionally move, the more you will feel alive. Exercise boosts how you feel mentally and physically, even if it’s for five minutes. And if you have time, take a stroll outside. You will get some much-needed Vitamin D which will boost your mood, too.
- Grieve what you have lost. Grief shows up in all areas of life, and it doesn’t have to be a physical death. Your grief might come from your child getting married or your son moving off to college. It can also come when you leave something behind, like when you move to a new area. And please understand, that grieving comes in all shapes and sizes. So give yourself permission to experience it the way you specifically need. Your patience with yourself will be a gift!
- Invest in rest. The lack of sleep can contribute to many physical and mental ailments. Don’t punish yourself by getting less to no sleep. You’ve got to be a mama bear and get into hibernation mode every night! Your well-being depends on it.
- Boost your laughter moments. Laughter is a mind’s best friend. So laugh more! Find those funny cat videos and enjoy some deep belly laughs. Your mind, body, and spirit will thank you.
- Stay mentally stimulated. There is something good about being a life-learner. So stay curious in life. Learn a new hobby, or pick up a new book. This will give you direction and an every moment of purpose.
- Snuggle with a pet. If you have a dog or cat, monkey or goldfish, make time for them. Cuddle up and share a few sentences and a quick bite of snacks. This will do both of you good and will pump up your spirits. Who doesn’t need a few more smiles in the day?
I encourage you not to take your well-being for granted. If at some point in your life, and it doesn’t have to be now, you get to feeling a little down and out. Make note. Don’t go too many days not reaching out to someone you can talk to. The sooner you address what is happening, even if you don’t know what it is, the quicker you can get additional help or can get back to what you’re doing.
Go out and impact the world that you touch. Take care of you so you can love others, too.
“Train for life. Love your journey!“
#WellnessWednesday #CreateYourNow #HealthAndWellness
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation – This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will discuss your specific situation while gaining tools and strategies to move you forward.
Live. Love. IMPACT!
“One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!”
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or needing someone to talk to (even if you don’t know what you need)? It’s time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Please stop trying to do life by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life’s purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to be on the podcast or make recommendations for who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6 and https://bit.ly/CYNarchive7
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by EKATERINA BOLOVTSOVA on Pexels.com
Music by Mandisa – Overcomer
Song ID: 68209
Song Title: Overcomer
Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia
Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI)
9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music –
Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.