Labels have a way of crushing who we are. Yet, at the same time, labels are something we chase. Is your child striving to achieve a label?
Labels give you a sense of belonging, feeling welcomed, and worthy. Everyone desires to be loved. It’s one of our basic fundamental needs.
Look at our children. Our younger generations are raised from the time of conception to meet and/or exceed expectations.
- Weight gain of mom
- Movement within the womb
- Growth chart infancy to at least two years old
- First words
- Crawling and walking
- Preschool (yes or no)
- Driver’s License
- Varsity and JV Teams (Teams A, B, & C)
- Valedictorian & Salutatorian
- Ivy League vs University vs Community College
- Dating and Marriage
Strides are made to be the best at the beginning. We want our children in the highest percentile, playing on varsity, and attending one of the most sought after colleges.
Now I understand how some of this stuff is most certainly vital when it comes to living.
But most of what we look at is pure fluff.
What if you stripped all of this stuff away from your child (besides the health)?
Would you know what to do as their parent?
This is where it gets real! We place our own expectations on our kids, not on purpose, but it just happens.
However, this is where our children begin to learn that labels (better known as placements, report cards, achievements, successes, trophies, awards, failures, and accolades) either help them or push them back.
Instead of allowing labels to define the purpose, direction, and journey of your child, create a “garden” of truth.
The K.I.S.S. ~ Create a “garden” of truth!
This can be very challenging, but in all honesty, it doesn’t have to be.
- LISTEN. You are called to pay attention to your child. And I’m here to tell you that most parents are not intentionally listening. Parents can get stuck in their own agendas. Your child needs to be heard. So listen!
- COMMIT. How much are you committed to your child and what they are in need of?
- PRESENCE. If your child is going to trust you, you must be present. And not when it’s convenient for you. But when they are available.
- MULTIPLY. Take was is truth for your child and multiple their strengths. Of course, he/she can know his/her weaknesses. But it’s more about walking in the God-given gifts and trained talents.
- VISION. Vision is commonly set for your own personal and professional life. Have you ever given thought to a vision for your family?
Don’t push your child just because you are the parent. Part of being a parent is in the discovery. Enjoy each stage and don’t rush what you can’t control.
Life is precious. Be aware of what matters most; your child.
“Be present. Be incredible. Be YOU!!!“
#ConfessionsOfAnUpsetMama #CreateYourNow #TodaysParent
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation – This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.
Live. Love. IMPACT!
“One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!”
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don’t know what you need)? It’s time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Please stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life’s purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as to who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6 and https://bit.ly/CYNarchive7
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Nataliya Vaitkevich on Pexels.com
Music by Mandisa – Overcomer
Song ID: 68209
Song Title: Overcomer
Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia
Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI)
9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music –
Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.