How many times are you fussing about what your spouse doesn’t do? Focus on the do, not the don’t!
You do not have to be the one who focuses solely on the should-haves. You do not have to be the one who tells your spouse that he/she is not doing it correctly.
However, you do need to be the one who supports and lifts up their spouse.
If we keep beating down on our spouses, do you think that will give them a reason to stay and be wonderful; to try and work on things where they fall short?
They are going to hit the road running as soon as their love account runs dry.
If you want to have a strong foundation in your marriage, focus on the do, not the don’t!
The K.I.S.S. ~ Focus on the DO!
What matters in a relationship, a marriage, is the building up of one’s partner. The only way that can be accomplished is if you stop dragging your spouse through the mud with the use of your words, actions, looks, and tone of voice.
So focus on the DO, not the don’t!
- Slam your spouse with the positive. We are good at wrestling our spouses with cut-throat comments, “I’m better than you” reactions, or this is the only way. Instead of being like everyone else, you have to make a choice to slam your sweetheart with love and affection; giving them the confidence to grow. You want to pick them up and reward them for what they can do.
- Share your sincere gratitude. One thing that stands out the most in a relationship is showing sincere gratitude. Truly be thankful for what they do every day for you and the family. The sacrifices and the little things that are done are more than appreciated.
- Shadow who you want to see. You may wish that your spouse was a little different in one area or another. Then you have to be that shadow so they see who they can become.
Friends, it doesn’t matter what is happening in the world. If you are constantly pulling your spouse down, degrading him with your comments, and leaving him left to fend for his own dignity, you are destroying your marriage!
Now, this destruction may take years, could be just months. But my thought is, you don’t want to get to this point.
So instead of being that partner in life that thinks everything can only be done to your way, think again.
Focus on the DO, not the don’t!
When you DO, you don’t have to worry about taking someone down!
“Be present. Be incredible. Be YOU!!!“
#RelationshipBuilders #CreateYourNow #LoveAndMarriage
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation – This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.
Live. Love. IMPACT!
“One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!”
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don’t know what you need)? It’s time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life’s purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as to who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio, Spotify, and Pandora!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. Create Your Now Archive 6 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6
9. NEW Website! Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
11. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Tower Paddle Boards on Unsplash
Music by Mandisa – Overcomer
Song ID: 68209
Song Title: Overcomer
Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia
Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI)
9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music –
Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.