When your nerves get the best of you, how do you calm your body? Small changes lead to big results.
With the start of the new school year, a new season in your life, your body might be feeling overwhelm and anxiety. Not because you lack control, but because your insides are working against your outsides.
Desire to be supported and encourage by other like-minded women? Join us at Women of IMPACT. http://bit.ly/WomenofIMPACT
What I’m referring to is your nervous system! You give so much to so many. You must take care of your body from the inside out.
The last thing you want to do is to get stuck in the “fight or flight” mode.
I have lived my life like this for years. I even tell people openly how having much to do is stimulating. I seem to get more done than when I only have one specific thing to focus on.
I realized that my life has been a “fight or flight” lifestyle. And it makes so much sense; always on the go, go, go, go, GOOOOOO!!!!
Without getting too technical, our body is connected by the nervous system where the peripheral nervous system is broken down into the somatic and autonomic nervous systems.
– The somatic or voluntary nervous system is just that…you can control what it controls like the wave of a hand.
– The autonomic or involuntary nervous system is not controlled consciously by you. It works whether you want it to or not. This is keeping your organs functioning.
The autonomic nervous system is broken down into the sympathetic and the parasympathetic nervous system.
– The sympathetic governs fight or flight.
– The parasympathetic is the downtime, calmness.
Unfortunately, most of us are living in the sympathetic nervous system even though both systems are working simultaneously.
But the key is which one is working more? Are you sympathetic-living or parasympathetic living? Which is more dominant?
If you want to live a balanced life, you must balance your nervous system.
The K.I.S.S. ~ Balance your nervous system!
There are simple things you can do to balance your nervous system.
- EXERCISE SMART – Don’t over stress your body with workout. Always give your body time to recover. So do what you enjoy. If that’s strength training, do it. If it’s running, do it. Just exercise smart.
- EAT WELL – You are what you eat. Plus, abs are made in the kitchen. Your diet matters. This summer you might have enjoyed a few extra treats. Take a moment, regroup, and eat real food. If God made it, you can eat it.
- SLEEP WELL – Actually go to bed.
- BODYWORK – This is self-care beyond the top three. Massage, reflexology, salt mine, infra-red saunas.
- CAFFEINE INTAKE – Change your relationship with caffeine. How much are you consuming? When are you consuming it?
- COLD SHOWERS – Believe it or not, this helps reduce the stress response. Who would of thought taking a cold shower would do that? Plus, it stimulates the immune system.
- MEDITATION – Relaxation is vital. Meditation and breath work is a great way to increase your relaxation even in the middle of the day. And you won’t get sweaty.
Implement at few of these at a time and see if you notice a difference. Pay attention to your breaths and heartbeat.
How do you feel throughout your day.
“The key is in your actions. Make the small changes that will lead to BIG results!”
#WellnessWednesday #CreateYourNow #HealthAndWellness
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation – This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.
Live. Love. IMPACT!
“One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!”
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don’t know what you need)? It’s time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life’s purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Jamie Street on Unsplash
Music by Mandisa – Overcomer
Song ID: 68209
Song Title: Overcomer
Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia
Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI)
9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music –
Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.