Rules are meant to be broken. Or are they? When it comes to health and wellness, there are so many rules to follow. Let’s break the rules!
Doesn’t it feel good to be a rebel for once. Maybe you grew up always doing what was expected and making sure you did what you were told.
Desire to be supported and encourage by other like-minded women? Join us at Women of IMPACT. http://facebook.com/groups/thewomenofimpact
Today is a new day — A day to reveal the truth in your health journey.
First off, why stay chained to false information and studies that benefit only the bottom line for big companies.
You want to live a healthy lifestyle? It starts with arming yourself with the truth for the well-being of you!
The K.I.S.S. ~ Break the rules!
Here are seven rules you are being encouraged to break! You might already be breaking some. But what would happen if you broke them all!
Time to rebel up!
- Count your calories!
- Eat less, exercise more has been pounded in our brains that this is the only way to lose weight. Calories are your fuel! Fuel your body with calories that rev your metabolism.
- Eat low to no fat!
- Low fat was a fad many years ago. And still to this date, is encouraged. Fat doesn’t make you fat. Enjoy healthy fats (coconut oil, avocado, butter, and dark chocolate) to power your body and keep you satiated.
- Drink your vegetables!
- Who wants to drink your meals? Yes, you can definitely have your kale smoothies, but you can enjoy them along with other real foods that support your metabolism and brain, and shrinks your waistline too.
- Skip a meal; or two or three!
- Who needs to eat 3 to 5 meals a day? You might need to, depending on your activity level. Restricting your body puts your body into starvation mode, which means your metabolism slows down; and so does losing weight. Don’t damage your metabolism. With every meal/snack, eat your protein with a healthy fat and carb that meets your health goals. No more yo-yo dieting.
- Cardio full speed ahead!
- Run your way to a healthy lifestyle! NO!! Beating up your body can increase potential injuries and cause joint damage. You have ONE body! So you want to take care of it. A H.I.I.T. training regimen and tabata workout can boost your metabolism and extend the benefits of your workout 24-72 hours beyond your workout; the afterburn. Don’t beat yourself up. Build up instead of tearing down!
- Workout regardless of how tired you are!
- No matter your schedule, don’t miss a workout! Seriously?!? You probably have given up sleep for a workout. Not anymore! Sleep benefits your body more. And when you are exhausted, working out increases your chances of injuries. Don’t risk your health even more. Get your Zzzzz’s!! It does the body better!
- Follow the plan with no exceptions!
- You committed to a plan, spent money on a program. You can’t miss a day or make a change. A healthy lifestyle is not about perfection; it’s harmony! Give yourself permission to make changes based on your schedule and your season. Forcing yourself to be perfect can increase your cortisol level (the stress hormone). Stress will set you back. Do what works for you!
When you are wanting to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle, perfection is not the focus. You want to discover what works for you and your body type, plus your lifestyle in the season you’re in.
Some rules are meant to be broken. Which ones will you break today?
“Train for life. Love your journey!”
#WellnessWednesday #CreateYourNow #HealthAndWellness
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation – This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.
Live. Love. IMPACT!
“One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!”
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don’t know what you need)? It’s time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life’s purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Fabien Bazanegue on Unsplash
Music by Mandisa – Overcomer
Song ID: 68209
Song Title: Overcomer
Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia
Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI)
9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music –
Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.