Are you one who travels a lot, whether for work or pleasure? How to eat healthy while traveling can be a lifesaver to your goals and lifestyle.
Plus, who really wants to feel yucky when you’re traveling? Not me, and I know you don’t either.
Desire to be supported and encourage by other like-minded women? Join us at Women of IMPACT. http://facebook.com/groups/thewomenofimpact
Planning can go a long way when you want to eat healthy while traveling.
If you want to lose weight or maintain your lifestyle, eating is one area you must keep a handle on.
Depending on your goals, whether gone for a few days, a week, or longer, you can definitely derail your hard work.
But at the same time, you don’t want to lose out on indulging and enjoying new foods, or your favorite restaurants.
Before your travel begins, know the foods that are the BIG NO-NO!! You need to mind the NO!
For most, this is a HUGE revelation. Doing this ONE thing can change how you travel.
Now you’re on the road again!
The K.I.S.S. ~ On the road again!
- PREPARATION begins in the kitchen and on your phone.
- PORTABILITY is key to your success in what you can eat. Must be easy to pack, and watch the temperature regulation.
- TRANSPORTATION is vital. How will you be traveling (your car, rental car, flying)? Also, what will you transport your food in? You can use an insulated cooler, lunch pail, brown bag.
- FOODS on the go
- Meal replacement bar (high quality, Can your child eat it?)
- Vegetables & Fruits (Cut pieces thicker to help with bruising. If the veggie or fruit is currently refrigerated, then it needs to remain cool.)
- Nuts (Be aware of how much you are eating.)
- Trail mix (Make your own with dry foods. Otherwise, purchase a high quality trail mix. Watch out for the sugar content.)
- Boiled eggs (Keep cool in an insulated bag with cold pak.)
- Nut butters (Great on sandwiches, vegetables, and fruits. These do not require refrigeration.)
- Cheese sticks (You can buy individually packaged sticks or cut your own. Be sure to cut them thicker.)
- Sandwich bread (Use your favorite bread, pita bread, lettuce wrap, protein bread, tortilla wrap, crackers. If using lettuce, wrap a wet paper towel around the lettuce and place in container within the insulated cold bag. This will help keep the lettuce crisp.)
- Meats (Quality deli meats, cold chicken wings, etc.)
- To-go bowls that requires hot water only (soups, oatmeal).
- Protein bars
- Individual packets of nut butters, coconut oil, nuts, etc.
- EATING OUT on vacation or at restaurant
- Know where you are going.
- Research the menu and call ahead.
- If you have dietary restrictions, be sure to research the restaurant or call the restaurant to learn your options.
- Bringing food in a restaurant is OK if you are a paying client. Sometimes you have someone in the family that can’t or won’t eat certain foods. Be sure that the majority of your party is eating at the restaurant.
- Give yourself permission to enjoy a treat meal, once a week.
- When on vacation, don’t eat a treat meal every meal. You can derail your goals.
- Watch out! Condiments and sauces can be the enemy when eating out. Get them on the side.
- Enjoy your meal. If you must rush through your meal or are on a time limit, don’t make that your treat meal.
- Healthy Basics
- Reusable hot/cold thermos.
- Supplements like magnesium and probiotics.
- Favorite drink (tea, coffee, etc.)
- Portable containers
You can most certainly eat healthy while traveling. Be present while eating. Savor the food. Soak in the location and ambiance.
“Be present. Be incredible. Be YOU!!!”
#WellnessWednesday #CreateYourNow #HealthAndWellness
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation – This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.
Live. Love. IMPACT!
“One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!”
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don’t know what you need)? It’s time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life’s purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Kristen Kaethler on Unsplash
Music by Mandisa – Overcomer
Song ID: 68209
Song Title: Overcomer
Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia
Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI)
9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music –
Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.