Lunch might be your most important meal of the day. So what do you put in the lunch box that will get you through your day.
Your fuel needs to include nutrients that your body will accept converting them to energy.
Desire to be supported and encourage by other like-minded women? Join us at Women of IMPACT. http://facebook.com/groups/thewomenofimpact
“Your body is an amazing, intelligent system. As much as you think you know what works, ultimately, your body decides.” ~ Kristianne Wargo
No matter the label on the food, where it’s grown, and how it’s grown, your body functions based on the fuel you provide.
You are what you eat! Truly!!
Quick Note: Beware of SUGARS!
The American Heart Association released the amount of added sugar they recommend for children ages 2-18 years. That amount is less than 25 grams or less than 6 teaspoons of added sugar.
A study was published by the JAMA: Internal Medicine in 2014 which was one of the first to link too much sugar to an increase risk of dying from heart disease. The study showed that people who got 17%-21% of their calories from added sugars had a 38% higher risk of dying from cardiovascular disease compared to those who ate 8% of their calories from added sugar.
Where are you getting your sugar from?
So what is in the lunch box?
The K.I.S.S. ~The FAV Fives for the Lunch Box!
- Pack a lunch with a variety of BRIGHT colors; reds, greens, oranges, blues, purples.
- A solid serving of protein. (10/12 grams up to 20/24 grams). Some great options are nut butters, hummus, meat, beans, eggs.
- A healthy fat to give the fullness factor. Some great options to consider; avocado, almonds, mayo, yolks of eggs.
- One to One Vegetable and Fruit. Some excellent combinations is 1 Vegetable-1 Fruit, 2 Vegetables-1 Fruit, or 3 vegetables.
- A sweet treat. Small, the size of the inner palm of the hand.
Be sure to hydrate with water! If you choose to drink liquids that are “processed”, read the label. Sugars are hiding there too which will affect your overall performance.
Create Your Greatness!
You want to level up your health. Let’s work together and find the power of simplicity for you. The HEALTH STRATEGY SESSION. This is a FREE 20-minute call where you discuss a your story and figure out how to jumpstart your healthy lifestyle. We will break it down and focus on 3 fast action strategies that will springboard you to the next step. Let’s do this together!
Music by Mandisa – Overcomer
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson