Everyone wants the absolutes. But with fitness, it’s about the series of variables. So how does cardio and fat loss work?
Cardio is one variable in your lifestyle equation. When the body gets consistency (low to moderate intensity), it begins to respond.
Desire to be supported and encourage by other like-minded women? Join us at Women of IMPACT. http://facebook.com/groups/thewomenofimpact
The fitness industry does a lot of guessing. Some educated based on research, science and studies. And others just guess at the expense of your health.
Your body was designed to adapt and recover. What can you do to move your body forward with consistency?
Further, be specific and clear with your goals.
- How do you want to look?
- How do you want to feel?
- Do you want to be a certain number on the scale?
- Do you want to be a certain size on the hanger?
You could lose muscle and become a smaller version of yourself. Is that what you really want?
Your lifestyle equation is comprised of a variety of variables.
- Strength/Resistance Training
- Cardiovascular Training
- Yoga/Meditation/Stress Reduction
- Mindset/Psychology of Living
You are being sold the average. You’re not the average. You’re you.
And YOU matter!!!
The K.I.S.S. ~Add CARDIO as a variable in your lifestyle equation!
Cardiovascular training is aerobic low to moderate intensity with consistency over time.
- Creating great heart and lung function. Having a strong heart and function is critical.
- Increase the production of mitochondria – the organelles inside the cells where the body burns off fat. This is your fat loss! Woohoo!!! It needs to be low to moderate intensity cardio.
- Train on opposite days of strength/resistance training. Therefore your body can focus on aerobic or anaerobic. The effects are much more powerful!
The R.A.R.E. Effect – Respond Adapt Recover Efficiently
The Tabata Protocol is high intensity, short duration. 20 seconds on HIGH, 10 seconds recovery (rest). Repeat for a total of 8 rounds, 4 minutes long. Be sure to warm up and cool down. No exceptions. You don’t want to induce injury. Otherwise, walk if you don’t have time to warm up and cool down.
You want to level up your health. Let’s work together and find the power of simplicity for you. The HEALTH STRATEGY SESSION. This is a FREE 20-minute call where you discuss a your story and figure out how to jumpstart your healthy lifestyle. We will break it down and focus on 3 fast action strategies that will springboard you to the next step. Let’s do this together!
Music by Mandisa – Overcomer
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson