It takes less time to do things right than to explain why you did it wrong. ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
How are you raising up your children? How are you influencing other children around you? What are your expectations for your children?
It’s good to take a hard look at what we are doing to raise up our children. Are we challenging them or coddling them?
Most of us don’t like to think about how we are doing something because it takes time out of the day. But when you are responsible for raising up the next generation, don’t you think a little time spent on that would be worthwhile?
But hang on to your horses, because you’re in for a ride.
“What you desire from your children sets the stage for the direction in which they will grow.” ~ Kristianne Wargo
Some parents prefer to take a backseat and let the children rule the roost. Others defend their upbringing and continue accordingly. However, there are those parents that want to take what was good from their upbringing, incorporate new techniques, and support their children to be the best they can be.
Now you can argue that the parents who take the backseat or the ones who do what they know are fine; it doesn’t hurt one way or the other in raising up the next generation.
However, when you see what you don’t see and desire to set the standards higher, you raise the ceiling to challenge the standard feeling.
Do things right for your children to help them grow.
The K.I.S.S. ~ Do things right!
Now, doing things right is subjective. Depending on what lens you are looking through will depend on what you see.
And that’s the same for the child. All the more reason to support your child when you do things right. And keep in mind that when you “do things right,” it’s specific to your child.
- Raise the ceiling. This is where you set high standards that are appropriate for the child. Keep in mind that the kids will settle for the closest thing to them. So if you expect Cs or better, you gonna get more Cs than better.
- Work for cause, not applause. You are not doing your child any good if you are hoping to win the parent of the year award from your child. Their standards are way different than yours should be. Encourage your child to understand the purpose, meaning, or mission behind what he/she is doing. It’s the bigger picture. And you can do this at all ages. You have to be creative, but it can be done.
- Stretch beyond you. “If there is one rule every parent should know, it’s not to stop your child from how far he/she can grow.” ~ Kristianne Wargo Your child is not to fulfill your dreams in your life. Your child has been chosen by God to live out his/her God-sized dreams and not yours. You have to allow your child to stretch and strengthen beyond you.
You and I have to be careful not to get in the way of our children being incredible.
Don’t second guess what you know or don’t know as a parent. AIM always to be better than who you are becoming.
- Help your child reach for the stars.
- Be willing to do the hard things so the easy things don’t matter.
- Love your child unconditionally so he/she won’t drown in all the conditions of life.
CHALLENGE: Reflect on the parent you are and see the areas that need attention.
“Be present. Be incredible. Be YOU!!!“
#ConfessionsOfAnUpsetMama #CreateYourNow #TodaysParent
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation – This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will discuss your specific situation while gaining tools and strategies to move you forward.
Live. Love. IMPACT!
“One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!”
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or needing someone to talk to (even if you don’t know what you need)? It’s time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Please stop trying to do life by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life’s purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to be on the podcast or make recommendations for who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6 and https://bit.ly/CYNarchive7
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Music by Mandisa – Overcomer
Song ID: 68209
Song Title: Overcomer
Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia
Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI)
9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music –
Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.