There are moments in life that challenge you. And it even pushes you to the point of no return. What do you do when you are stuck in a rut?
Most would prefer to run for the hills, hide under the covers, or stay lying on the couch with no hope of returning to normal. But frankly, none of those work. It only brings about greater frustration, more madness and a sense of digging a deeper hole than where you started.
Sound all too familiar?
Life doesn’t have to be this way. You can actually gain more momentum when you are in a rut. Now, that means you must do the work in order to dig yourself out.
So if you’re ready, let’s look at the 3 things you can do when you are stuck in a rut.
- Literally stop and breathe! Put yourself in a state of rest and focus on your heart, your breathing pattern. This brings a sense of calmness into a situation that seems hopeless.
- Breathing gives you a moment to gain composure and allows you to gather your thoughts.
- Breathe to RE-boot! There are times you need to reboot your life. Consider it an oxygen jolt of joy!
- Even when you are in the messy middle and stuck in a rut, you must appreciate where you are. Stop and be amazed by the beauty of the rut. Now it won’t looked all gorgeous, but it will give you perspective on what is “really” happening.
- Appreciate when you are stuck in a rut because there is always something better on the other side.
- Appreciation and gratitude allows you to reflect with a thankful heart, not a bitter or mad heart. Very important to moving forward.
- Once you have taken the time to breathe and appreciate, it’s time to take the next step. And that’s the one right in front of you. The next step may be getting off the couch and fixing a yummy, healthy snack to feed your mind in order to gain energy for the next step.
- Be careful not to jump too far ahead. The next step is truly… THE NEXT STEP! Don’t run so fast that you trip again. Take it step by step, moment by moment.
These 3 ways will give you a chance to make a choice to change your direction and create impact right where you are. So get off the couch and start living today with a smile!
When you are stuck in a rut, you are not doomed! In fact, it just might be your chance to bloom!!