Many healthy habits are extremely rewarding. One of those is sexual intimacy. Let’s talk how intimacy can boost your health.
During our conversation, we will discuss opening about sexual intimacy. This is appropriate for children. However, please use your earbuds if you do not want them to listen.
Desire to be supported and encourage by other like-minded women? Join us at Women of IMPACT. http://facebook.com/groups/thewomenofimpact
The Benefits of Sexual Intimacy:
- IMPROVES IMMUNITY
- When you have sex frequently (1x-2x a week), you have higher levels of immunoglobin A, which is your first line of defense.
- Also it’s job is to fight off invading organisms at the entry point. Ultimately, you take less sick days! YES!!!
- HEART HEALTH
- Sexual intimacy has many of the same benefits as exercise.
- Keeps testosterone and estrogen levels in balance.
- A study showed that men who have regularly sexual intimacy (2x a week) is almost 50% less likely to develop heart disease than a man who only did so once a month or less.
- LESSENS PAIN
- Sexual intimacy releases pain-reducing hormones and has been found to help reduce/block back and leg pain.
- Pain relief also includes menstrual cramps, arthritis, and headaches.
- MAY HELP REDUCE PROSTRATE CANCER
- Men who ejaculate 21x a month have a lower risk of prostrate cancer.
- LOWERS BLOOD PRESSURE
- FORM OF EXERCISE
- Sexual intimacy burns 4 calories per minute for men.
- Sexual intimacy burns 3 calories per minute for women.
- Helps maintain flexibility and balance.
- IMPROVES SLEEP
- Following sexual intimacy, the relaxation hormone (prolactin) is released which may help you to nod off more quickly.
- Oxytocin is released which promotes sleeps.
- IMPROVES BLADDER CONTROL FOR WOMEN
- Helps strengthen the pelvic floor muscles which improves bladder control and avoid incontinence.
- Step it up a notch by practicing Kegel exercises during sexual intimacy.
- Practice Kegels while sitting at stoplights and doing the dishes.
- STRESS RELIEF & RELEASE
- Your body releases those feel good chemicals to ease stress and heighten pleasure, calm, and self-esteem.
- BOOST YOUR LIBIDO
- The more often you have sexual intimacy, the more you crave it.
- Specifically for women, Lauren Streicher, MD, says by having more, it increases vaginal lubrication, blood flow, and elasticity.
- IMPROVES YOUR RELATIONSHIP
- With the increase of oxytocin, the “love” hormone, helps facilitate you being bonded more closely to your partner and experience better connections.
The K.I.S.S. ~ Raise your intimacy, Boost your health!
“One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!”
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don’t know what you need)? It’s time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life’s purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Music by Mandisa – Overcomer
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson