October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. You see support all over from the NFL to kids bake sales. But the good solution for breast cancer prevention is in your control.
It requires you to take action and be responsible for your own body. And I would love to think that women all over the world are doing their part of self-care. Honestly, I don’t see that happening.
Desire to be supported and encourage by other like-minded women? Join us at Women of IMPACT. http://facebook.com/groups/thewomenofimpact
We are stuck in busyness. And until a crisis hits close to home, we don’t do anything about it. Why wait? The good solution is right here. You can take action now.
I want to encourage you that even if you don’t have a history of cancer (breast) in your family, I want you to hang out with me until the end. There might be something here that you need to hear again. I know I need reminders. And by being busy all the time, when was the last time you had your yearly check-up? Do you even remember?
Let’s jump in and talk about what you can do to reduce your risk of breast cancer.
The Good Solution:
- Self breast examination – only you know your body.
- Know your family history.
- Open dialogue with your physician or medical provider. Know the different protocol that applies specifically to you.
- Follow your medical protocol.
- Limit alcohol intake to less than one drink per day.
- No smoking. Evidence has suggested a link between smoking and breast cancer especially in premenopausal women.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Being obese or overweight increase the risk of breast cancer. This seems to hold true if you gain weight later in life, like after menopause.
- Eat real foods. Decrease the amount of processed “stuff” and sugar.
- Intentional Movement (Exercise) – You need a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise; or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic exercise. Then addd 2-3 days of strength training. As a bonus walk a minimum of 30 minutes a day and as much as one hour.
- If you breast feed, then you are gaining an extra protective effect.
- Understand your hormone replacement therapy including the side effects.
- Avoid excess exposure to radiation and environmental pollution.
The K.I.S.S. ~ Pick ONE to jumpstart YOU!
Know your body like only you can!
Join in the conversation: SHARE this episode with family and friends. It’s time to begin the discussion. Send me an email at email@example.com
You want to level up your health. Let’s work together and find the power of simplicity for you. The HAPPY HEALTHY STRATEGY SESSION. This is a FREE 20-minute call where you discuss a your story and figure out how to jumpstart your healthy lifestyle. We will break it down and focus on 3 fast action strategies that will springboard you to the next step. Let’s do this together!
Music by Mandisa – Overcomer
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson