One would think fitness is easier in the summer. Nicer weather, more movement. But that’s not the case. Staying fit in the summer can be a challenge, especially if you accept the misconceptions.
Misconceptions? What do you mean?
Just because we are going to the pool 3-5 days of the week, doesn’t mean you’re moving your body.
Desire to be supported and encourage by other like-minded women? Join us at Women of IMPACT. http://bit.ly/WomenofIMPACT
How many times do you see women watching their children as they go down the water slide, but the mommas are standing or sitting by.
And what about the park? You may be catching your child at the end of the slide and pushing him/her on the swings.
If you have older children — you might be enjoying the sun at the pool and park. But not exerting much effort. And if you are mainly with adults or much older children, you may get less movement.
You may be sitting more than you realize! Your body is designed to MOVE!
Staying fit in the summer can bring about more challenges than during the school year.
Can you still stay fit in your summer? YES YOU CAN!!!
The K.I.S.S. ~ Get up and Shake up!
- InTENtional 10 — For every waking hour of your day, inTENtionally move 10 minutes.
- Summer Soul Stroll — Enjoy a walk for 20-30 minutes every day.
STAY FIT WARNINGS
- CONSUMPTION — Know what you are consuming. What are you putting in your mouth? Do your inTENtional 10 prior to eating. And enjoy healthy eats!
- Ham ‘n Cheese wraps, celery with peanut/almond butter.
- Be aware of the packaged process foods. Know how much sugar you are eating. When you eat mainly sugar, your body is not satiated. Therefore you are hungry 30 minutes later.
- Eat some good protein with fresh fruits and vegetable.
- HYDRATION — How much water are you drinking? Stay hydrated with water, not sugary drinks.
- Infuse Water: strawberries, cucumbers, mint leaves. In a gallon jug, use about 3/4 lb. of strawberries, 1/2-1 cucumber, 4-5 mint leaves. In a 32 oz. water bottle, use 2-3 strawberries, 1/4 cucumber, 1 mint leaf.
- If you are out at a park where “shave ice” is sold. Ask to purchase only the ice, and pour your infused water over the ice. Enjoy a healthy alternative to all the sugary syrup.
Staying fit in the summer can be fun! Get up and shake up!